Reciver only has RCA output for sub but i only have wires?

Skauxxie

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016
Hi,

i have an old sub (idk how old it really is) that has speaker wires coming from it, theres no volume knob or jacks, its just a wire coming out from it. now i have the Yamaha V663 and on it there is PRE OUT with subwoofer 1 and 2. I have connected the surround speakers Front A, Center, surround, but not surround back with all speaker wires, the subwoofer though requires a rca connection and i dont have that on my sub, is there any way in which i can make the sub i have now work with the receiver. (i stripped the wires and connected a rca connection to it then plugged it in the subwoofer 1, but theres no output from the receiver.)

any help will greatly be appreciated! Thank you

Solution
Not specifically a plate amplifier. That is just the way that powered subs implement it. Any amplifier could work, but the problem is that a standalone high power amplifier is going to be fairly expensive. Go on E-Bay and search for "audio amplifier". Then disregard ALL the car audio amps because getting sufficient 12VDC for them is impractical. You CAN do what you want, but buying a new powered sub is more practical.

kanewolf

Judicious
Not specifically a plate amplifier. That is just the way that powered subs implement it. Any amplifier could work, but the problem is that a standalone high power amplifier is going to be fairly expensive. Go on E-Bay and search for "audio amplifier". Then disregard ALL the car audio amps because getting sufficient 12VDC for them is impractical. You CAN do what you want, but buying a new powered sub is more practical.

Solution