Recommendations for a better CPU!

0001ark

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
After opening my notebook (Sony Vaio VPCEE3E1E or PCG61611M) to clean it from dust in the ventilation system I noticed that my motherboard had socket and the CPU was removable,thus 'changeable'.After searching for the socket type I found it was 'Socket S1 (S1g4)' architecture and I thought I could be able to upgrade it.Currently the CPU is AMD Athlon II P340 2.2 GHz and I need to find the best alternative for my notebook in terms of gaming experienve.I don't expect a lot but at some point I will be forced to replace the CPU as sometimes it runs at 80°C so this must be good timing.I found some useful content here:
http://www.cpu-world.com/Sockets/Socket_S1_(S1g4).html

I can't decide which one will provide the edge and won't harm the notebook!

cpu world is a great resource. :)

Understand that getting a new CPU will not lower your temp in and of itself for the CPU. In fact, if you got a CPU that has a higher TDP than the one you currently have in there, you run the risk of HIGHER temperatures. What is needed to remedy this is to keep the system clean, as well as reapply the thermal compound.

You also need to make sure the system board/BIOS will accept the new CPU. Just because it will physically fit and even be electronically compatible, doesn't mean the system will support any additional features the CPU offers, if any.

Finally, make sure your AC adapter can handle it. They're rated for a specific amount of output, and if you step up to a CPU with a higher TDP/power requirement, you might burn out your adapter.

0001ark

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013

Thank you for answering! :)
From what I read at cpuworld I came to the conclusion that I can select a new CPU with TDP 25-35W and that my best choice would probably be the Phenom II Triple Core Mobile series.My AC adapter has 19,5V-3,3A output.How can I check sthe system board/BIOS if it accepts the new CPU?My BIOS is H2O Insyde and is the worst BIOS out there as 90% of it's features are locked from manufacturer even the HDD state which won't allow me i.e. downgrade to XP from 7.Also,I ordered an aftermarket ventilation system for the specific model brand new and bit more powerful.Along with this a have some thermal compound left from my desktop.Is it safe to use it in the notebook?Will I need a different one which will be for notebook use only?

Unfortunately there is no easy way. The BIOS vendor or system manufacturer may enforce a blacklist that is all but invisible to the end user, unless you know how to access the BIOS code and check/modify it.

Nope, there is no "notebook specific" thermal compound. :) You can use whatever compound you have.