Recovering corrupt images after SD card has been erased

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBride

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
HELP!!!!! My wedding photographer just called me and told me the bad news, he downloaded our wedding pictures onto 2 backups on his computer and deleted the SD card and did other photoshoots. For some reason on both back ups there are several files that are corrupt. Is there any way to retrieve them????

Solution
Your wedding photographer is in deep doodoo.

You never, ever erase the primary source until other copies have been verified as good.

So....if this SD card has been used and written to multiple times since, the possibility of recovering your long deleted and overwritten images from that same SD card is pretty slim.

For the corrupt ones in his backups....corrupt in what way?

There are some file recovery applications available, as well as paid, expensive ones. It is on him to find these, and pay if necessary.

And after this post...we will see a long string of spammish posts promoting some crap thing to recover your pictures.

USAFRet

Illustrious
Your wedding photographer is in deep doodoo.

You never, ever erase the primary source until other copies have been verified as good.

So....if this SD card has been used and written to multiple times since, the possibility of recovering your long deleted and overwritten images from that same SD card is pretty slim.

For the corrupt ones in his backups....corrupt in what way?

There are some file recovery applications available, as well as paid, expensive ones. It is on him to find these, and pay if necessary.

And after this post...we will see a long string of spammish posts promoting some crap thing to recover your pictures.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.