Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2021
Hello, I recently bought used laptop Sony Vaio Tap 11 [Exact model: SVT1121A4E] from second hand and it's still pretty good machine.

The Windows 10 is surprisingly pretty smooth. But unfortunately the user before me probably formated all partitions, including the recovery partition...

I was able to install clean Windows 10 and everything works fine. But I can't connect the wireless keyboard and the internet connection is slow. Much slower, than on my primary computer. Then I noticed, that some Vaio assets and programs are missing and then I discovered, that they can be only recovered from the recovery Image.

Is there anyone who use same model, or at least same series? I would much appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance!

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
"the user before me probably formatted all partitions, including the recovery partition... "

Probably? Find out if he did or he didn't. Talk to someone computer literate, this is to complicated to write a book on here. If you still have a recovery partition,
you aren't in too bad a shape, but again, you need the computer friend/geek to help
Get someone who knows computers to do a system restore, then the drivers it sounds like you are missing will probably fix the issues you mentioned.

You are asking for more computer work from somebody here than you know. A literate friend or a shop is in order.

Nov 11, 2021
"the user before me probably formatted all partitions, including the recovery partition... "

Probably? Find out if he did or he didn't. Talk to someone computer literate, this is to complicated to write a book on here. If you still have a recovery partition,
you aren't in too bad a shape, but again, you need the computer friend/geek to help
Get someone who knows computers to do a system restore, then the drivers it sounds like you are missing will probably fix the issues you mentioned.

You are asking for more computer work from somebody here than you know. A literate friend or a shop is in order.

The thing is, the drivers are just not available, that's why I need to get recovery data back. The PC was fully formated, so there is no way some "IT geek" would fix it, since I'm from IT field myself.

What do you mean by too much asking? I just need a recovery media/backup, which I would upload on external disk and simply do recovery with Vaio Care. Something like this: [URL questionable site link removed]. Normally I would just write to Sony Support, but they are no longer support Sony Vaio laptops...

Last edited by a moderator:

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
See, here is information you did not give previously, and some really important stuff.
What really threw me off was the "probably". The recovery partition is either there or it is not. You can't be "kinda pregnant" !THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO TELL PEOPLE!
You may work in IT, but in your post, you did not sound like you knew much. That's not my fault, you need to be more specific with your info, as nobody here reads minds.

If you don't have the drivers you need and can't get them, and you need a factory recovery disk you say you can't get from Sony.....How can anybody help?
The chances of somebody here with your exact make/model AND having a disk to send you are VERY slim. People come here mostly to get help, not to help.

You need to do some extensive searching of Sony Authorized repair centers and places like that.

Sounds like you are in an unenviable position. Good Luck on your search for software.

Last edited:

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
ADDENDUM: I just did a simple Google search on your make/model, and got down to your model number: SVT1121 on a SONY webpage.

I found a treasure trove of downloads for Vaio's. They do have, and are still supporting Vaio Laptops! That link above is the general support page
that will lead you to Vaio downloads, (I lost the downloads page when I clicked on service). They may not be making them anymore, But they do still support them!

I may not be in Information Technology, but I have the Technology to get the Information.

A simple Google search.................

Last edited:
Reactions: mastercoin
Status
Not open for further replies.