In the boot mode of my Toshiba satellite radius, the HDD/SDD says N/A. I called Toshiba tech support and said it needed a recovery media because the computer says "reboot and select proper boot device." I finally received my recovery media today and when I went to the recovery of factory default software, it says I have application error with the message "the instruction at 0xc8e1cc39 reference memory at 0x00000018. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program." I click okay and the computer restarts. When I go back, it says the same message again over and over.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to load BIOS and make sure that the DVD drive is set as the first boot device.
- Next to run the factory reset again, if it comes with an instruction please do use it. If not, here's a video guide:
- If it you'll get the same error please do try these other troubleshooting steps.
- Shout down the laptop then reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Do try it again and see if it will work or not.
- If you have a spare HDD, I would suggest trying it with your laptop and see if it will work with the factory reset disc.