Regular Sony Vegas 1080p 60fps file size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnmCarlos

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015
For anyone with alot of experience with Sony Vegas pro, after you render a video, specifically in 1080p 60fps, how big should a 8 minute video be? Mine are about 1.1 Gb for a 8 minute video. Is that bigger than normal and should change my render settings or is that normal? Thanks.

Solution
That is actually on the small side for mine. I tend to render at a high bitrate though, usually 50Mb/40Mb but I only do that cause YouTube re-encodes it anyway so i give it as much data as possible to work with. I use Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 with a modified AVC profile (the youtube 1080p). But for longer videos I reduce it to 30Mb/20Mb, high profile, 60 fps, progressive download.

I found they usually come out around, my last video is about 7 mins and weighed in at 1.7GB, 1080p60. Used super high settings for it though. The best thing to do is select a short section to render and test different bitrates. Depending on the content you can sometimes get away with 20Mb/15Mb with the High profile.

SinxarKnights

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2007
That is actually on the small side for mine. I tend to render at a high bitrate though, usually 50Mb/40Mb but I only do that cause YouTube re-encodes it anyway so i give it as much data as possible to work with. I use Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 with a modified AVC profile (the youtube 1080p). But for longer videos I reduce it to 30Mb/20Mb, high profile, 60 fps, progressive download.

I found they usually come out around, my last video is about 7 mins and weighed in at 1.7GB, 1080p60. Used super high settings for it though. The best thing to do is select a short section to render and test different bitrates. Depending on the content you can sometimes get away with 20Mb/15Mb with the High profile.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.