reinstall recovery media

franco7

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015
i have a toshiba satellite laptop. Don' t know what really went wrong to begin, grandson mess my computer up it was acting up so i did the reset factory out of the box, it seemed to work ok but started acting up again so i tried the factory out of the box again but it would not work the computer kept asking for the boot disk. i called toshiba they told me i needed the recovery media. bought the software put the first disk in it said to hit the c key which of course did not work so i went to i believe it was f12 and clicked cd/dvd and the screen came up windows loading. ok so i have left it alone letting the first cd run which has been running for 2 days now. i have not gotten any error messages my screen has stayed blue it appears that the cd is still running. also the software is vista. can you tell me is this working right? how long does this process take? i also have a second cd to put in but it has not ask for it yet. thanks for your help, fran

Phillip Corcoran

Splendid
Factory Recovery from optical media should take no more than a couple of hours to complete.

The hard drive may have developed a fault, which could explain why factory recovery from the hard drive wouldn't run.
Test the hard drive with SeaTools for DOS. Download the CD image from here:
http://www.seagate.com/gb/en/support/downloads/item/seatools-dos-master/

On any PC which has a CD-burner, create the CD from the CD image by using IMGBurn:
http://filehippo.com/download_imgburn

When you've made the CD, boot your laptop from it by pressing F12 at boot time as you did earlier.
SeaTools will load in to RAM directly from the CD (as it's loading from a CD you'll need to patient).
When the SeaTools user-interface appears, test your laptop's hard drive using the Long/Extended test.

Phillip Corcoran

Splendid
Factory Recovery from optical media should take no more than a couple of hours to complete.

The hard drive may have developed a fault, which could explain why factory recovery from the hard drive wouldn't run.
Test the hard drive with SeaTools for DOS. Download the CD image from here:
http://www.seagate.com/gb/en/support/downloads/item/seatools-dos-master/

On any PC which has a CD-burner, create the CD from the CD image by using IMGBurn:
http://filehippo.com/download_imgburn

When you've made the CD, boot your laptop from it by pressing F12 at boot time as you did earlier.
SeaTools will load in to RAM directly from the CD (as it's loading from a CD you'll need to patient).
When the SeaTools user-interface appears, test your laptop's hard drive using the Long/Extended test.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chocket Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 4
L Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 2
O Laptop Tech Support 4
H Laptop Tech Support 9