Relentless Spam! Need help!

Lithium43

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Just today I started having this horrible spam issue on my phone. Every minute my phone (LG motion 4G) goes out to the Internet and opens this page called android security free, stopping me from whatever I'm doing and I have to exit out of it to continue what I was doing. I scanned my phone with multiple anti virus programs including avg and life lock and it said I have no viruses at all. The problem only occurs if an Internet app is enabled, because when I disabled chrome I didn't get it. However, I disabled chrome cand installed Firefox and I still get it! I really don't know what to do, I didn't have it until today but the thing is I installed an app on the morning and it was fine all day till nighttime. I deleted the app too just In case but I still have it! what's going on?!?

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Definitely sounds like a virus. What antivirus did you try?

Your best bet is a factory reset. If it only occurs when you have internet access enabled, disable both WiFi and your cellular network. Back everything up to the SD card or your PC, and then perform a factory reset.

Most phones are the same in this regard - make sure it's powered off, but plugged in to a charger. Hold down power + volume down until a menu appears (try volume up if it doesn't work). Navigate using the volume keys and use the power button to make selections. Find the option for factory reset, and confirm the selection. Let it do it's thing, it should only take about 10 minutes.

When it's done, you can move your media back to the phone and start re-installing apps.

TRENDING THREADS