Cryptonick

Estimable
Jun 22, 2014
Im currently looking for a great laptop to use as a student in the fall. Im mainly planning to use the basic programs like Microsoft office and do some intense web browsing. I currently have a high-performance PC so Im kinda spoiled when it comes to speeds from the RAM, CPU, and the SSD I have. But, battery life is what I probably need most, most likely 5+ hours is what I need. Im very comfortable with technology hardware and Im willing to upgrade the laptop to have a SSD. Also, MUST BE Windows 7 compatible! Can anyone reference a reliable one for less than $850
Thanks

Edit:I'm looking for something no more than 1080p (preferably with ips). Screen size doesn't really matter as long as the specs are decent. I probably would mind for the Windows 7 and SSD being extra because I'm not going to be doing anything really intense because I'm gonna have a high performance pc back at my dorm.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
What size are you looking for? standard 15'', or something smaller/larger? Do you require a 1080p screen or is 1366x768 okay? Will you be playing games on this laptop, or using high-CPU programs like Photoshop or video editing software? Does your budget have to pay for the downgrade to windows 7 and the SSD? Do you think you'll require a dedicated graphics card, or is most of your computing needs related to general purpose tasks?