Remote controls working for other devices

Hollywood87

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
So I have a weird issue. In my bedroom I have a 4K TV, a sound bar, and a fish tank. Also an Xbox One and Apple TV but this is mainly about the first 3. So the TV and sound bar are new. The fish tank has waterproof led strip as lighting. Everything seemed to work fine until all of a sudden my remotes are going crazy. By TV remote changes the color of my fish tank. My fish tank remote turns off my sound bar, and the list goes on. I tried unplugging everything from my power strip and changing the power strip but same issue. Any idea what could be causing this?! Thanks for any advice :)

Solution
Your AC power strip is not the issue.
Sounds like your fish tank remote has common IR codes with the TV and soundbar. No way to change these codes.
You can block the IR receiver from the fish tank lighting so the other remotes don't affect it.
If you need to access the lighting for the fish tank then you could either move the IR receiver so the TV remotes aren't aimed at it or use an IR extender that would block the IR eye that picks up the remote for the tank lights and puts the remote receiver away from the TV/soundbar.
An RF universal remote with assignable IR outputs on the receiver would work but is way more expensive than it's worth in this situation
Your AC power strip is not the issue.
Sounds like your fish tank remote has common IR codes with the TV and soundbar. No way to change these codes.
You can block the IR receiver from the fish tank lighting so the other remotes don't affect it.
If you need to access the lighting for the fish tank then you could either move the IR receiver so the TV remotes aren't aimed at it or use an IR extender that would block the IR eye that picks up the remote for the tank lights and puts the remote receiver away from the TV/soundbar.
An RF universal remote with assignable IR outputs on the receiver would work but is way more expensive than it's worth in this situation

Solution