Removing DVD from dead Toshiba laptop - small hole didnt do it

HomeGrownMommy

Estimable
Aug 13, 2014
My laptop is out of battery and the plug is broken. I plan to get a new plug and then I won't have this problem.

Until then, I have a library DVD stuck it - at $1 per day late fee, I'd really appreciate any help on getting this thing out of there!

I did research it and saw that sticking a paper clip inside the little hole located on the drive should open it. I did this and it did not work. Am I doing it wrong or is there something else I should know? Not sure what to do from here.

Solution
The manual eject (pin hole) should have worked. The only reasons it wouldn't work are: A) You didn't insert the paper clip far enough (unlikely), or B) The eject mechanism is broken. It's likely you're going to have to remove the drive completely from the laptop. Check your laptop's manual (downloaded from it's web site) for how to remove/upgrade the drive.

-Wolf sends
The manual eject (pin hole) should have worked. The only reasons it wouldn't work are: A) You didn't insert the paper clip far enough (unlikely), or B) The eject mechanism is broken. It's likely you're going to have to remove the drive completely from the laptop. Check your laptop's manual (downloaded from it's web site) for how to remove/upgrade the drive.

-Wolf sends

Solution