Removing Kodak Easyshare leftovers... HELP!

Darkrose

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
So every time I boot, I get a message about a bad link or whatever to Kodak Easyshare that I uninstalled months ago. I've tried the free tool Kodak made to remove it, and have used MalawareBytes, CCleaner, Spybot S&D, all with no luck... Searched for files manually and can't find anything...
Going to try to attach a screenshot of the error...

16054272974_f0b4403ec8_z.jpg

What else can I use or try to get rid of this?

eatmypie

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
I think the start up file never was cleaned when you uninstalled with the tool. Just hold the windows key + R and type msconfig. Then go to startup and look for something thatt looks like easy share or Kodak. This will stop it from trying to load a program that doesn't exist

If you can't find it just screenshot what you see in msconfig startup tab and I''ll point it out for you.

Darkrose

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
I've gone over the startup in msconfig, and the tools and everything over and over. This has been popping up for months, I've tried every tool I can find so far... No luck so far.
Everything checked in my selective startup are programs I know, and I've disabled everything I don't want, and nothing in the startup section is unrecognized...

eatmypie

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Did you try a keyword search in in regedit like kodak? To me it looks like something in the registry is trying to find the .dll file that was installed with kodak. I would also try looking at your processes to see if easy share is still running for whatever reason, if it is kill the process then try running ccleaner again as well as the uninstaller and see if it picks it up.