Rendering Quality Awful Sony Vegas 13?

GeorgiaMaySi

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
I have a YouTube gaming channel and I'm trying to render a video of my uncharted 4 gameplay. I rendered the video in 1080p - looked awful, rendered in 720p and matched the project settings of the original files used - still looked awful, disabled resampling - looked even worse? My video is blurry and I have motion blur whenever I move in game. I've rendered it three times now with different settings which took 6 hours each to render and I just don't know what to do anymore. I've tried changing the frame rate and everything. I don't know what else I could possibly change.

Here's the '1080p' video on my channel so you can see how crap it looks: https://youtu.be/vlEueqi-hnE

EDIT: After I rendered the quality was awful, after I uploaded to YouTube my quality was awful, but suddenly after about half an hour of the video being uploaded, the quality is 1080p! Woo! So... Why didn't it appear 1080p when I watched it back on my computer after it first rendered?

Solution
Youtube re-encodes your video to several different quality levels after you upload it (so the quality is always worse than the source). It possibly encodes lower quality versions first so that there is something available to watch ASAP. That's only speculation though, as not much of how Youtube operates behind the scenes is documented.

randomizer

Distinguished
Youtube re-encodes your video to several different quality levels after you upload it (so the quality is always worse than the source). It possibly encodes lower quality versions first so that there is something available to watch ASAP. That's only speculation though, as not much of how Youtube operates behind the scenes is documented.

Solution