Replacing a 4 pole 3.5mm cable.

Chelsea_10

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017
I have a headset that I love to use with both my pc and my ps4. It is a simple 4 pole 3.5mm male to male cable. I can't seem to find anywhere that sells a replacement cable. Would using a 3 pole male to male cable with a 4 pole adapter on both ends work?

Solution
Hello... Name Brand Companies offer replacement cables... others you will have to solder a New connector (non-molded) and/or cable to the headset. Does your headset have a microphone? that would be a reason for 4 poles VS 3 poles B /

It is possible to re-wire your headphones to a 3 pole connector too... L R Gnd is all that is needed... it's possible your 4 pole connector used in a Audio 3 pole output is causing your problem?

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... Name Brand Companies offer replacement cables... others you will have to solder a New connector (non-molded) and/or cable to the headset. Does your headset have a microphone? that would be a reason for 4 poles VS 3 poles B /

It is possible to re-wire your headphones to a 3 pole connector too... L R Gnd is all that is needed... it's possible your 4 pole connector used in a Audio 3 pole output is causing your problem?

Solution