RESOLVED: Unable to play any games, graphics card seems to fail

athomp12

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
--Issue is fixed, see my response post for solution--

Hey guys and gals, a few days ago I decided to reinstall Diablo 3 and get back into it. After about 20 minutes into playing, my laptop crashed, making that loud and obnoxious air horn like noise (not sure how to describe it), screen went black, not responsive at all. After restarting my computer, I tried to reload battle net and it pops up with an error saying "Failed to create a graphics context." I did a little googling and reinstalled my GPU drivers (GeForce GTX 860M) but nothing seems to work. It's not only Battle.net games that won't work, but also every game on Steam as well. I'm to the point where I have no idea what to do now, any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you need me to post screenshots or anything at all, please let me know and I'll do it right away.

Thank you.

athomp12

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
Issue is resolved, the problem was that the newest drivers for the 860M aren't fully compatible with Windows 10 yet, causing major issues. All that is needed to be done is to roll the driver back to the last version and problem fixed

athomp12

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
Issue is resolved, the problem was that the newest drivers for the 860M aren't fully compatible with Windows 10 yet, causing major issues. All that is needed to be done is to roll the driver back to the last version and problem fixed

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 8
V Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
Z Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 3