Yogolo

Estimable
Jun 1, 2015
Hello Tom's Hardware community!

I finally got my hands on a ASUS N551JK laptop.I'll be using it for mostly gaming and schoolwork.
I purchased it at 25 Sep and instantly went home to install all the updates and such, the laptop came pre-loaded with windows 8 and I went ahead downloading Windows 10 for it.
After getting the grip of Windows 10 I lost all the features I had with Windows 8 on this laptop such as faceID and other cool things. I went on settings to recovery my windows 8 but little did I know a folder called ''Windows.Old'' was removed from my OS drive. Sad face.
It got removed while used a program called ''CCleaner''.
Now that I'm stuck with Windows 10 is there a possible way for me to get windows 8? Can I just download Windows 8 and still keeping all the ''Asus logo loading screen''? One of their support told me to send it to them so they can fix it, but I'm not that type of guy who'd just send it. I prefer doing it at home myself and they won't allow me to give me some sort of restore program. Sorry for misspelled words, still trying to learn English as best as I can. Please help. :(

Yogolo

Estimable
Jun 1, 2015

Looking at disk management I found these partition link here : http://imgur.com/qwOdfdE

but I get weird error looking message when I try to restore the laptop using the F9 hotkey at the loading screen. It says something about ''insert your installation media'' or something like that. I don't have any support CD that came with the laptop package and looking at the bottom case of the laptop it doesn't seem to have the key code for Windows 8.1.