RIG 505 Lava mic stopped working on ps4 + pc

TitanReaper

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
Mic stopped working after nearly a year. Yesterday it was working until later that day when I was watching netflix and decided to hop onto a game with some friends. Then it wasn't working there. I tried just about every mic related fix on the ps4 but still doesn't work. Oh and it doesn't work on my pc for some reason too. None of the bits on my headphone looks damaged what so ever.

Solution
It sounds like your laptop may have the type of jack I was referring to, that only uses sound and not a mic. I would really suggest testing it on another device, one you know works with a mic.. say a smartphone? If the mic works there, you have that kind of jack on the laptop that doesn't allow it.

If this is the case, your best bet is to either get an adapter, to make it so you can plug your current one in through a USB port, or get an actual USB mic.
Just because it doesn't look damaged, doesn't mean it isn't. Have you tried it on a different laptop/desktop and seen if it will work there? NOTE: Some won't work correctly on Laptops, as the laptops jacks are not meant to handle both headsets and mics. In combos or not. Some just aren't set to not accept external mics.

TitanReaper

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
Alright, hasn't worked on my laptop as I went onto the recording, so i'm assuming nothing can be done about it then? It showed that the mic from the headset was on on the laptop but still got audio from the internal microphone in the laptop.

It sounds like your laptop may have the type of jack I was referring to, that only uses sound and not a mic. I would really suggest testing it on another device, one you know works with a mic.. say a smartphone? If the mic works there, you have that kind of jack on the laptop that doesn't allow it.

If this is the case, your best bet is to either get an adapter, to make it so you can plug your current one in through a USB port, or get an actual USB mic.

Solution