Ripping DVD and BluRay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2018
I would like to digitalise around 700 dvds and BluRay discs at home. I am looking for a program that allows me to select the subtitles and languages that I want to rip (original plus my mothertongue).
I am going to watch it on an AppleTV as well as I want to make the films available for my family through my own network NAS.
Do you know of a program that would be the best for ripping these DVD's and BluRay for Apple TV and NAS sharing? Is there one that may have an app which allows me to access the films from anywhere?

Thank you for your help everybody.

Solution
MakeMKV is good, along with Handbrake for encoding the disk files into MP4 files. Be ready to spend a few hours a disk doing this on a fast computer. You can setup handbrake to run a bunch of conversions in a row, but to copy the disks, that is all one at a time.
MakeMKV is good, along with Handbrake for encoding the disk files into MP4 files. Be ready to spend a few hours a disk doing this on a fast computer. You can setup handbrake to run a bunch of conversions in a row, but to copy the disks, that is all one at a time.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.