Solved! Sager Clevo NP8150 Will Not Turn On But the lights do

metalmania1

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Hi!!!

My Sager Clevo NP8150 Will Not Turn On But the lights do and also the fans do not spin when I press the power button on..

I recently put the cpu in backwards and had a little smoke come out of it BUT THE LAPTOP STILL HAS POWER THOUGH??????

ANY IDEA ANYONE???

Please I Really Need Help With This!!

Solution
You can try the obvious tests, remove all the power, the battery and the adapter, hold the power button for a minute, try to boot. Or try flashing the BIOS from a USB flash drive. Even try the new processor, but it is not guaranteed it will be good after. Obviously, if all else fails, a component is burned when you install the processor the wrong way, sorry. I don't think anybody else on this site will have a better answer!

metalmania1

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

So what do you think I should do then?
I mean the fan doesn't spin and I tried another fan and it didn't spin up either.
and also have tried 2-3 DIFFERENT PSU too..
I'm at a loss please help me a little more I can give you all the information you need!

The laptop when it comes on DOESN'T make any beeping sound whatsoever but it still charges, turns on fine just no boot??

I also put another compatible processor in and it does the same thing too...

metalmania1

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Well the laptop only smoked once and it was by the fan or the processor..
Still looking for some kind of fix for this...
It also faintly smells by where the processor is too..
but the weird thing is there are NO burn marks on ANYTHING.. not even the chips themselves!!
I have bought a new processor for it BUT should I hold off putting it in though???? (the right way this time lol)
Thank You!

metalmania1

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
oh ok
So there's no other way accept take it in to a professional..
I appreciate your help and all you have done but that's going to COST a lot on my end!
i also know that there's nothing else i can do accept just try and sell as is i guess..
This defintely doesn't solve my issue but there's probably no other way i guess.
I appreciate it though..
Thank You

You can try the obvious tests, remove all the power, the battery and the adapter, hold the power button for a minute, try to boot. Or try flashing the BIOS from a USB flash drive. Even try the new processor, but it is not guaranteed it will be good after. Obviously, if all else fails, a component is burned when you install the processor the wrong way, sorry. I don't think anybody else on this site will have a better answer!

Solution

metalmania1

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

HI!!
I haven't tried flashing the BIOS from a USB flash drive i never even thought of that!!

Thank You You Gave Me Some Hope!! =))

the HDD i can hear just fine booting up but the computer doesn't even go to bios!
hmmmm
i don't know yet as i have tried 3 different cpu's in it.. lol