Sager NP7358 - Low Sound via Browser

icer22x

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
Hey guys,

Got a Sager laptop here running Windows 10. One of their selling points is the "great" Onkyo speakers that came with this. Yeah okay...

Anyway, when ever I view content in ANY browser (YouTube videos, streaming Netflix, etc.), the sound volume is HORRIBLY low even at max speaker levels. I've tried everything that I can think of, but with this VIA HD Audio Deck, my options are limited. (This firmware sucks BTW - I miss RealTek).

Sound via music players like iTunes and Amazon Music are fine. I can crank up the volume - however, it's mostly browser audio that I cannot get above a whisper.

Any thoughts? Thank in advance guys.

If the problem is in Chrome, try the following...

1. Open your Chrome browser:
2. Go back to the desktop and go to "Start" and then "Search"
3. Type in "vol" (without the quote marks).
4. Click on "Adjust system volume".

You should see a volume slider specifically for Google Chrome (this only shows up if the browser is currently open).

icer22x

Distinguished
May 4, 2011

It's with all browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE, Edge). Plus, I have already tried that fix. That is a very simple fix and is one of the first places I looked.

I am assuming that you have also tried reinstalling the sound card drivers. And also ran the test mode in Control Panel.. Sound?

Have you tried...

1. Enabling full acceleration for audio devices via dxdiag.
2. Installing the latest version of Flash.

You could also try rolling back the driver, if it was just updated before this happened.

1. Go to "Control Panel". and then click "Sound".
2. Double click "Speakers" and in the next window click "Properties".
3. In this new window click "Properties" as well.
4. Now click the "Driver" tab and then click "Roll Back Driver".
5. Follow the prompts given to get back to the previous driver.
6. Resart the computer.

icer22x

Distinguished
May 4, 2011

I have done/tried all that except for the dxdiag. I thought dxdiag was only for viewing system information? I don't see any where in the menu where I can change sound options.

icer22x

Distinguished
May 4, 2011

That is for Windows XP although dxdiag serves the same purpose throughout modern Windows iterations. It really isn't used to make system changes, but instead report diagnostic information.

I thought you knew something more in-depth about dxdiag that I have been overlooking for the past few decades I've been using Windows.

This didn't solve anything. Problem still exists with in-browsers sound not being as loud as it should.