Sales for Tiger Woods PGA Game Plummeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
That was not a factor in me not buying the game. However, me not wanting to spend money on a golf game was a factor...the only factor.

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
They gave up on the PC version years ago, and before that stopped supporting the course architect. So, I couldn't care less about the game.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]mavanhel[/nom]So what? He had an affair. Does that make him a worse golfer? If not people shouldn't really care[/citation]

So then you wouldn't care if your partner cheated on you, as long as they were good at sports? "So what", right?

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I can't imagine anything golf related being interesting, but even if it were, I wouldn't buy anything that would put money into this spineless degenerate's pocket.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
I thought that if something failed to sell in this world...it is because of piracy and NOT because there is simply not a greater market for it???...lol

Apparently it just couldn't be considered that the game just simply sucks and nobody is interested in 11 iterations of basically the same golf game. I owned 2 consecutive versions of this game before and I was turned off at such minimal change between versions yet paying top-dollar each time...no thanks

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]dragonfang18[/nom]How many times should people buy a golfing game? Seriously...[/citation]
Its like any sports game. FIFA 11 is one of the best selling sports games of all time, and so was FIFA 10, and FIFA 09, etc. And yet it is likely to continue to be one of the most selling sports games ever. But is it really any different in terms of gameplay from year to year? No.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Its like any sports game. FIFA 11 is one of the best selling sports games of all time, and so was FIFA 10, and FIFA 09, etc. And yet it is likely to continue to be one of the most selling sports games ever. But is it really any different in terms of gameplay from year to year? No.[/citation]
I'm off by an entire year. Oh well. Wonder what makes the edit button appear sometimes but not all the time.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]I'm off by an entire year. Oh well. Wonder what makes the edit button appear sometimes but not all the time.[/citation]
I wonder about the same thing...but don't worry about the ADS here however as they seem to work a little TOO WELL!...My favorite is the modal-AD that to close it you have to click on font that is about 6 pixels big and so close to the AD in hopes you miss and strike them some money!

simple_inhibition

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
EA: "because we released more or less the same game, but changed the year and subtracted the motionplus controller the game is selling worse. fortunately we have tiger's scandals to lay the blame on to cover our ass."

and that is exactly how the board meeting went down on that announcement

efeat

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]I'm off by an entire year. Oh well. Wonder what makes the edit button appear sometimes but not all the time.[/citation]

Tom's Hardware has edit functionality.
Tom's Guide does not.

frye

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
I bought the game (first time since 2007).

To be honest, I was disappointed. It seemed to me that the developers were lazy. The game's layout is poor and it's buggy in general.

Not to mention they got rid of David Feherety doing commentary...

dco

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
maybe its the fact that this is the 15th title in the series. Not that ive played many of them (only 1) but i bet they're pretty much the same.

mjinspace

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
They should have added side games where you meet women and try to "make a hole in one". Then the game would have sold better.

Status
Not open for further replies.