Same happening to me, I have a Samsung J1 bought 32 g/b mermory card & it doesnt work

Jun 12, 2018
I have a Samsung J1 bought 32 G/b mermory card & it doesnt work my phone is still saying no storage... How do I formate my memory card??

Solution
SD cards don't normally need formatting. They come formatted. Unless you are trying to use a card that was used in another device. Or you are not using a standard SD card and opted for a different type. Which then wouldn't work.

Try the card in another device and see if it works. If it does, then the problem is your devices SD card slot. If, however, the card doesn't work in the other device either, then you have a bad card.
SD cards don't normally need formatting. They come formatted. Unless you are trying to use a card that was used in another device. Or you are not using a standard SD card and opted for a different type. Which then wouldn't work.

Try the card in another device and see if it works. If it does, then the problem is your devices SD card slot. If, however, the card doesn't work in the other device either, then you have a bad card.

Solution