sum31278

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Hello,
have recently installed SAM, an application used for data analysis and works as add-in in office excel.

After installing it everytime I start or close Excel a message appears "Microsoft Visual Basic - Compile error in hidden module: samPlotController".

Please advise me how to resolve this issue.

sum31278

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
I am using SAM version 3.11 which I think is the latest. I have Office 2007 installed on my system which should be compatible with this version of SAM.
Sorry I didn't understand what you mean by " patched with any service packs".

Service Packs are bug fixes that get put out after the product ships, Officke 2007 is on SP2 now. You may need to contact the vendor of the software, they'd know best how to fix the error. Sounds like they either used bad code in a plug-in, or you have some security setting that prevents something from running.

diiiyaa

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Hi I am also facing the same problem and can not resolve it... I am using the Sam 3.11 with office 2007 and windows 7. For me the error says "compile error in hidden module: sam plot controller". please hlp if you can

If you are talking about this http://www-stat.stanford.edu/~tibs/SAM/, there is contact info for the addin on that web page.