Samsung 350v5c does not boot

russellc_2012

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Hi there, my laptop will not boot. I press the power button, light comes on. Fan will start. It does not appear to do a POST. Screen stays absolutely black. I cannot get into the BIOS. There is no output from the HDMI so I am assuming the screen is OK. I have swapped the memory about and it has the same issues. I have also tried holding power button for 30 seconds with no power/battery. It's a Samsung 350v5c which had Windows 8 and was then updated to 8.1 then 10. Any ideas? Many thanks.

Solution
Hi,

You've pretty much done all the possible troubleshooting steps that should have solved or identified the problem. The issue may lie on the graphics card of your laptop being said that the laptop is on with all the indicator lights and the fans spinning and there's still no display. Connecting to an external monitor didn't work either so it's a hardware problem then. I would suggest taking it in for a repair if it's still covered by a manufacturer warranty.
Hi,

You've pretty much done all the possible troubleshooting steps that should have solved or identified the problem. The issue may lie on the graphics card of your laptop being said that the laptop is on with all the indicator lights and the fans spinning and there's still no display. Connecting to an external monitor didn't work either so it's a hardware problem then. I would suggest taking it in for a repair if it's still covered by a manufacturer warranty.

Solution