Samsung Accused of Ripping-Off iPad in Australian Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyp363

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
"designed to mimic iPad packaging, presumably to trick consumers into purchasing Samsung instead of Apple"

Dont know what the shops are like in the rest of the world but here in the UK you dont not have shops with stacks of ipads in an isle somewhere...
You get a chained up display model you then tell the person at the checkout what you want and they go and get one from the stock room that's the first time you see the box.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]andyp363[/nom]"designed to mimic iPad packaging, presumably to trick consumers into purchasing Samsung instead of Apple"Dont know what the shops are like in the rest of the world but here in the UK you dont not have shops with stacks of ipads in an isle somewhere...You get a chained up display model you then tell the person at the checkout what you want and they go and get one from the stock room that's the first time you see the box.[/citation]
lets just hope the australian judge notices this.

torque79

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
God im so tired of this. If Apple had been successful during the rise of the PC there would be no competition now if they were successful with all this suing horseshit back then. YOU SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PATENT THE ABILITY TO TOUCH SOMETHING AND FOR IT TO RESPOND. Because it's a screen now instead of a keyboard key or a mouse button, why does that matter? You're still just touching something!! ARGHHH

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
This bullshit is never going to end.

[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]When are they going to start charging Apple with filing frivolous lawsuits?[/citation]

Likely never, these are armies of lawyers behind them that likely know how to harass in court without facing any penalty. They are clearly trying to just be bullies and harass Samsung to get them out of the tablet business. If they can succeed in pulling down the product even for a short time like they did in Europe this can cause quite a loss for Samsung.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I represent an apple tree ... the apple trees are not fine with Apple`s court sue`ing actions and want to remove the license of using their image as a brand! Therefor they encourage the Cupertino base company to use a banana as a logo since they resemble a dick ... it would suit them perfectly!

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Apple are really starting to piss me off.

I hope they lose. In fact I hope the tech industry team up and destroy them.
Apple seem to sue anyone who produce a decent product

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Because of the well-known principle of economic activity that people never look at brand names or prices when making expensive technology purchases.
I spat coffee out over my keyboard
Irony is rarely implemented well but you hit the nail right on the head
More!
More!

rishwin

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]We should sue Apple over the macbook design, it looks too much like a laptop computer.[/citation]
Actually, Apple is the company who first created the modern laptop design with the PowerBook in 1991.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]I represent an apple tree ... the apple trees are not fine with Apple`s court sue`ing actions and want to remove the license of using their image as a brand[/citation]
Courts already ruled against them for doing exactly that when they stole it from the Beatles
They just ignored the lawsuit and even ignored the punitive restrictions
Don't you get it?
If you have $76 billion in the bank there isn't a court in the world powerful enough to do a thing, the worst they could do is impose a fine and money is no obstacle.

What really needs to happen is for a judge to rule against Apple for a case, then when they break the ruling instead of a fine they need to drag Steve Jobs from his cancer-bed in handcuffs, charge him with contempt of court and spend 2 years in a Federal Supermax with murderers and rapists.

The lawsuits would dry up overnight, guaranteed.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]rishwin[/nom]Actually, Apple is the company who first created the modern laptop design with the PowerBook in 1991.[/citation]
Actually, the first laptops using the flip form factor appeared in the early 1980s. The Dulmont Magnum was released in Australia in 1981–82, but was not marketed internationally until 1984–85.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laptop
Typical Apple fan, claiming to have invented something 10 years after someone else already did it
Just like theiPad...

njt

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011
[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]I represent an apple tree ... the apple trees are not fine with Apple`s court sue`ing actions and want to remove the license of using their image as a brand! Therefor they encourage the Cupertino base company to use a banana as a logo since they resemble a dick ... it would suit them perfectly![/citation]

thank you. you made my day.

G

did not apple rip off star trek for the ipad, just like the ripped off xerox for the mouse.

sseyler

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
When is a judge just going to say, "This is a waste of everyone's time, and it is a waste of money. In the interest of protecting the original purpose of patents (and the sanity of those involved), I hereby call this case closed."

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
[[citation][nom]agh1701[/nom]did not apple rip off star trek for the ipad, just like the ripped off xerox for the mouse.[/citation]

Capt. Kirk, "That's mutiny Mr.!"

Status
Not open for further replies.