Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 vs Asus EEE Pad Transformer

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
So im looking to get a tablet in the next few days, which is better and why?

If I go for the Asus, I will be getting the added keyboard version.

What would you go for?

Personally I like the Eee Pad, but Galaxy tab, looks, feels better and seems to abit faster in response times, so Im torn between two great Google tablets, help me choose please...

Based purely on the tablet I would say the Samsung Galaxy is better due to overall features and it is the closet threat to Apple's iPad2.

The Transformer (and the upcoming Transformer 2) is more versatile since you can purchase a keyboad (includes additional battery and more expansion slots) to "transform" it into a netbook which allows for better productivity.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Depends on you. I went with the ASUS simply due to cost and the fact it had a microSD as well as HDMI out. The Galaxy 10.1 is lighter and has better speakers, but it's more expensive and doesn't have the HDMI out or microSD card slot. You need that special connector to get HDMI out.

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Asus Eee Pad is going to work with Ice Cream as shown on gsmarena.

Yes Iv googled them both and at first wanted Galaxy tab, but because of all the extra spec with the Asus version, I find it hard to choose now.

Exactly the reasons why Im considering the Asus eepad, stated by both Jaguar and megaman....

Basically, as part of a target I hit at work, I got £400 worth of vouchers. We get these all the time, more often its £5-£50 and I give em away to family, cousins and friends as gifts to spend on their babies. Hit the target about a month ago, so Iv since been researching tablets and due to get the vouchers when Im next in work(Sunday).

I dont mind waiting but the whole reason why Im looking to get a tablet, is because my dad recently, about 6 months ago, opened a small shop where he has no tv or computer/laptop. The only thing to help him pass time is his android phone. Browsing sites, youtube etc. He's fairly new to all these gadgets, its his first touchscreen phone, but he's very eager to learn more than just youtube and texting and making calls. The shop is part of our house, so he can use our wifi with no problems (its actually only a floor beneath the router).

He's been wanting a laptop to help him with getting in to internet shopping, email and it will help him loads to browse for stock he may need for his shop. Its a DIY shop. Because of the keyboard and all the extra spec, Im leaning more towards the eee pad. But this toy is going to be mine, because he never looks after anything and if I say its his, he will destroy it within a month.

So, it needs to be new/latest tech (my wants and needs), fast and up to date. (Galaxy ftw)

With all the extra spec the Asus has, it has so much more uses and connectivity, expandable etc....

I dont mind actually putting some hard earnt cash in to the budget too, so any ideas when Asus eepad 2 will be ready to buy?