Samsung magician troubles

Pete_32

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
I have four HDD`s in my system and one Samsung 840 EVO SSD. The SSD with win 7 on stopped booting and I have installed Win 10 on another drive which boots up fine. I installed Samsung Magician to erase the SSD in the hope of moving 10 to that.I selected safe erase made a bootable USB as per instructions and made USB bootable in bios. It boots and then says bad command SEGUI0.exe. When I hit the ? key that command does not seem to be a command in the available commands. I know that the SSD shows because it is available in the boot menu. I searched online for Samsung Magician support and found nothing. Anyone help?

Showing up in the BIOS means very little when determining whether a drive is bad or not.

When you boot your hard drive to Windows 10. See if the drive shows up in Device Manager. Then see if you can format it and assign a drive letter. Then open Samsung Magician and see if the drive shows as good. I would also setup a block of files about 20GB in size and try writing them to the SSD. Then try copying them back to a hard drive. So you can verify it's read/write capabilities.

Pete_32

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017

Pete_32

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
The SSD is cool apart from the non-booting bit ! I have used files from it using Windows 10 to set it up comfortably. Windows /users docs pics etc etc . Got drivers and apps so no problem there just tried writing to it and that was no problem. I dont want to format and assign a letter the whole point is that it is an SSD and I want to safely erase it as opposed to screwing it up, so I can put the new system on it.