Solved! Samsung Nook Galaxy Tab A6

bperrou

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
Stuck on logo screen. I have tried power, volume up & home AND power, volume down & home. It is non-responsive and just keeps coming back to this screen. I have let the battery completely drain, recharged to 100% and started the process over. I am not real tech saavy, so hoping for a semi-easy fix.

Solution
It should have about a year warranty from the manufacturer. Most Samsung products do.

So if it won't get past that, then either it needs to be "Hard Reset", which would make it lose all data, or sent in for repair, which then they still might wipe it completely to fix the issue or even replace it.
First you are going to have to get it to shut down. If it isn't under warranty, you can try opening it up (if you feel comfortable doing so) otherwise you will have to wait until it runs out of power. If you wait, then leave it off and plug it in. Then, after it charges for a short while, try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will fully load. If it does, then you may well have a bad app, malware or virus on the device which will need to be removed for you to be able to use it normally as "Safe Mode" is restricted access, so not all will work while in it.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

bperrou

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
Except that I have tried the tricks with the power buttons and volume buttons as stated in my original question. It will only show the logo screen. I can get to a screen that allows me to "download" but it won't go beyond that. Thanks for trying, though.

What I posted isn't the power, volume and home buttons option. Completely different thing. If you tried the instructions I posted, remembering you must start from the device being 'off', it can't be on, and it doesn't work, then I would suggest having it looked at.

bperrou

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
And I am saying I have tried it ALL solutions with anything having to do with the power button. How about that. I found that solution online already. I am saying, those solutions didn't work. I know there is a way to fix it, but I can't get the tablet into safe mode. I have tried letting the battery completely drain to shut it down. Then re-charged it. And when I try the solution you gave me, I am still stuck on the logo screen. Once I get it on, the only option I have been able to get to is a screen that tells me I can "download" or "cancel" - which always leads back to the logo screen. It is a Nook, therefore only had a 1 month warranty. However, it is not even 6 months old. I just don't want to give up and feel like I am throwing money away.

It should have about a year warranty from the manufacturer. Most Samsung products do.

So if it won't get past that, then either it needs to be "Hard Reset", which would make it lose all data, or sent in for repair, which then they still might wipe it completely to fix the issue or even replace it.

Solution