Samsung NP350E5C Laptop Weird issue

pioneeraaron

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
Hello folks,

Just got this Samsung NP350E5C regarding the OS not booting. As I checked it, switching it on it displayed the Samsung logo and then the screen goes blank. There is a bright display but it doesn't go ahead with the booting nor I see the windows logo. I plugged out the HDD and checked it with another laptop and it booted fine, the desktop loaded etc. I rule out any HDD issues. I cleaned the RAM but no luck, just doesn't boot.

What could be the issue guys?? Valuable inputs appreciated :)

Corey_4

Estimable
Dec 8, 2015

It could be either the RAM is bad entirely, or maybe the SATA controller is dead. It's hard to tell. Have you tried booting off a bootable flash drive? (Windows Install or Linux Live USB?)

pioneeraaron

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
@corey_4

If the RAM would be entirely bad it wouldn't give display I presume. It displays the Samsung Logo and i'm able to get into the BIOS and make changes.

@ zer0c00l587

It's windows 7. It originally came with Win 8. The BIOS has the UEFI and Legacy bootup enabled. Secure boot is disabled too.

Could be the SATA controller as you said,But if the SATA controller was bad it wouldn't even detect the HDD in BIOS then. Both HDD and ODD are detected by the BIOS. What should be my next step? I've haven't really got to the root cause of the problem yet!

pioneeraaron

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014

Buddy it used to boot all this while properly for almost a year. I had only downgraded it from Win8 to win7 x64. So I don't think it's anything to do with UEFI stuff. What could it possibly be?

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
I know what you mean a friend of mine, with a toshiba laptop, once installed windows 7 with no issues, then upgraded to windows 8, hated and tried to install windows 7 again, it kept have BSOD during windows 7 installation even with full format of the hard drive, the reason now why im leaning towards its being a UEFI issue. I would try disabling uefi or legacy or vice versa and give another try.

pioneeraaron

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
I tried my HDD on the laptop. It showed win7 loading icon and then restarted. Im still figuring out the issue. I tried formatting and loading win8. It went through the first phase of the setup and then when the first restart took place, it restarted then the same thing it went blank.

pioneeraaron

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
@zer0

Buddy im trying to install Win8.1 Pro now. What should be my BIOS settings?? I read that link you posted. Should I even do the diskpart thing?

EDIT :

Now the BIOS is not detecting my Flash Drive at all. Ive checked the same on my lappy and it works and boots fine.
But I did clean the HDD using diskpart and finally got some progress. It showed "Reboot and select proper boot device" Im trying to boot through my flash drive which is loaded with a bootable Win8.1. Im stuck now. I desperately need help :(

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016

What are you using to prepare and load windows onto the flash drive, previously i had used Xboot but had issues where "cd/dvd usd driver missing" or something along those lines, however when i used Rufus to load the exact same iso i had no problems installing windows 8.1.

Rufus does have support for GPT needed for large hard drives and UEFI bios support. and fixes for old bioses under advanced options. Try Rufus it may solve the issue.

pioneeraaron

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
@zer0

I'm using Windows USB tool to create my bootable's. It booted somehow and I could install Win 8.1. But after some days it wouldn't boot. It had a weird problem, the windows logo would appear and it would load and then suddenly go blank with no progress. I was frustrated and reverted back to Windows 7. All fine now. My gutt feeling now?? Do not buy SAMSUNG Laptops.

Thanks fellas for your help.