Samsung Smart Hub not working after update

JustMeM

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
It all started because my Amazon Prime wasn't working. I have a Samsung flatscreen I bought at the beginning of 2014. I use the smart hub for all TV, since I live in a valley. The Hulu was working, but the Amazon app was not. The screen said the app had to be updated.

I went and updated through the menu. Now, when I push the Smart Hub button, nothing happens! I've turned off the TV, turned it back on, switched the inputs, made sure the wireless is on and connected properly (it is, per the tv anyway)... I'm stumped and I'm missing my favorite shows. Help, please.

Solution
I FOUND A SOLUTION!

Hello All, I have been going through the same bologna as all of you. I've followed all the info that Samsung has told us to do, done a factory reset THREE times, rebooted modem/wifi & tv, changed DNS settings and on and on...and yet Smart Hub was always jacked up. Amazon Movies said an update was needed, Hulu said critical error and the Apps said there was network interference.

Finally I thought maybe I'll try installing another country's info. So when I was in Smart Hub, I pointed my remote at the screen and hit >> 2 8 9 << (that the fast forward >> and the rewind << buttons). This brings up the country selection, I choose United States British Virgin Islands; finally Smart Hub said it was...

vlo4993

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
We had/have the same problem. Our Amazon app disappeared and Net flix stopped working.
After several support calls to Samsung, finally found out that Samsung no longer has a Amazon app for tv's made/sold before 2012 (ours is a 2011 model).

Also, they had to send me a "one time" flash drive to update my firmware in order to get the Netflix app. The firmware update worked, but now Netflix is no longer HD.

Netflix said that the version we have is old, but it is the only one Samsung supplies.
We will think twice about buying another Samsung

webgal

Estimable
Oct 10, 2015
I FOUND A SOLUTION!

Hello All, I have been going through the same bologna as all of you. I've followed all the info that Samsung has told us to do, done a factory reset THREE times, rebooted modem/wifi & tv, changed DNS settings and on and on...and yet Smart Hub was always jacked up. Amazon Movies said an update was needed, Hulu said critical error and the Apps said there was network interference.

Finally I thought maybe I'll try installing another country's info. So when I was in Smart Hub, I pointed my remote at the screen and hit >> 2 8 9 << (that the fast forward >> and the rewind << buttons). This brings up the country selection, I choose United States British Virgin Islands; finally Smart Hub said it was updating. It removed a bunch of normal US stuff and installed some other items I'm unfamiliar with, but it looked good. So after that I did the country selection again (hitting >> 289<< while in smart hub) and chose United States. It reinstalled everything GREAT and everything is working!!!!

I hope this helps someone and Samsung should know to do this as well.

Blessings all~
webgal :)

Solution

allison_2

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
Do you have to hold the fat forward rewind button down at the same time? Not able to get that on mine. ...

Finally I thought maybe I'll try installing another country's info. So when I was in Smart Hub, I pointed my remote at the screen and hit >> 2 8 9 << (that the fast forward >> and the rewind << buttons). This brings up the country selection, I choose United States British Virgin Islands; finally Smart Hub said it was updating. It removed a bunch of normal US stuff and installed some other items I'm unfamiliar with, but it looked good. So after that I did the country selection again (hitting >> 289<< while in smart hub) and chose United States. It reinstalled everything GREAT and everything is working!!!!

I hope this helps someone and Samsung should know to do this as well.

Blessings all~
webgal :)

[/quotemsg]

JBPersonalFit

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
I did the change of country to something other than USA (also chose British Virgin Islands). Everything updated as you stated, but now I can't get it to respond to the >>289<< to get the ability to switch. Turned it off and will try again. Suggestions? This is so frustrating. Went thru this last year and cannot recall what I did to fix. Not happy with Samsung....

sawelch57

Estimable
Oct 13, 2015
It worked! Thank you, webgal! I also joined this site to thank you!

Mm9880

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016
Hi Everyone!

First, let me preface with I am probably the most technologically inept person on this site.... That being said, I was having the same problem with my smart hub but it started when I had to take my tv back to factory settings due to another issue.... I tried my very best to follow webgal's instructions but I just couldn't get it to work. I did however find an alternate solution while fumbling around the menu options.... Go into menu, select network and then select security. Turn off and then turn back on the security feature that protects the tv from viruses and initiates virus scans. For whatever reason, that rattled loose whatever was tying up the smart hub update and voila, all of my smart hub apps are back in action! Hope this will help anyone still having issues. Lord knows the those fantastic customer service reps at Samsung are as useless as tits on a bull.... ;-) Have a great night!!

michelle21085

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017
Hi MM9880!

This worked beautifully. We had a remote that did not have numbers on it (it is a little tiny remote that came with a TV, bought pretty recently) so we couldn't use webgal's solution. But we turned off security monitoring or whatever they call it. At first this did not work. However, while keeping the setting to "off' we turned the TV off and back on and finally everything is working again, even Amazon which had been giving us trouble for weeks. Thank you! No time wasted on customer service.