Samsung SmartTV Netflix isn't working

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bake85

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
I have a Samsung Model UN55F6300 SmartTV. About 3 days ago Netflix stopped running, and I have not been able to resolve it. When I click on the App, it just goes to a black screen and nothing responds. Any thoughts?

Solution
Try disabling Samsung Instant On. I found it in the general settings. Resetting the Smart Hub didn't fix anything for me, but as soon as I disabled this and powered the tv off and on again the Netflix app immediately launched correctly.

Hollibird

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015
same issue here. The bill is paid AND it works on the upstairs smart TV,. so frustrating, just a black screen. and I can't go back to the main menu. I have to shut the TV off and start over

tlkjlj

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
I read through much of this forum and tried all the recommended solutions, but I found it interesting that no one suggested disabling the wifi and using a LAN connection to test first. I was getting this error. As soon as I hard wired, everything loaded much faster and I do not get the error.

Solution for me: make sure you wifi signal is strong enough to support the streaming. I use the wifi in the room for many other things, but this service seems to fail on the same setup.

chrisouth

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015
I've had this issue several times in the past 6 months. Normally because I opened up the Channel 4 app or updated Netflix by mistake. I normally resolved it by following these steps:
1. Reset SmartHub
2. Setup SmartHub using Afghanistan (non-Netflix country)
3. Reset SmartHub
4. Setup SmartHub using UK Netflix

This used to work until the UK Netflix version was updated to version 4.06402

Took me awhile but I found a country that has Netflix and hasn't been updated... Argentina (ver. 3.22603).

All good now!! Damn you Netflix for releasing a buggy app!!!

NMFS

Estimable
May 8, 2015
I had to update the samsung tv itself. I was at update 1047, now its 2003. Updated through the menu while watching plain old cable. The tv reset itself. Then went to smart hub to start netflix. it prompted for an update of netflix. problem solved. netflix loading screen now looks the same as it does through the xbox in the other room.

rachelskymarket

Estimable
May 12, 2015
Samsung T27D390S

I bought this model last week and the official word from Samsung is a big NO. I will be returning it and buying a non-samsung tv:

Kindly note that Netflix application is no longer available for your TV model and that's because it was discontinued by the application provider on some of the Samsung devices.

I would like to confirm that the applications are made available on the Samsung Smart TV platform by third party content providers, Samsung is unable to guarantee the availability of any application on any specific television model, content Providers may remove applications from the Samsung Smart TV platform without notice.

If you have any further questions or inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact or email us and we will be more than happy to assist you again anytime.

Kind regards,
Merna H
Customer Service Representative

Grateful88

Estimable
May 18, 2015

This totally worked! Thank you!

SofiaR

Estimable
Jun 6, 2015

Thanks! It works!

TamB

Estimable
Jun 11, 2015
Thanks...did seem to take forever, but it is now finally working again. I could not get back to the setup after changing countries in the initial set up and the second time, but just went to the smart hub page and did you mute, return, vol up, channel up, mute, and then went back to menu and setup. It came up again and moved onto UK after. Germany. Then did same after UK to USA. Thanks. A few shows worked Monday and Tuesday, and none yesterday or today until now :) again just had to reset up and re start up the settings and countries, but make sure when I got to the uk, that I went to the netflix app once downloaded and signed in.

Anna Lawson

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015

Try 'menu' 'Smart hub' 'apps settings' 'auto update' and turn this to 'off' - this has just worked for us after a long and very frustrating couple of hours going back to factory settings and trying other fixes, this simple one has just worked. Thank you everyone

tryingtogetit111

Estimable
Jun 27, 2015

ME TOO! anyone know anything?

deenie1219

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015

Before doing the above, I would try this trick which worked for me. While the TV is "on" pull the AC power plug out from the back of the screen. Wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. Good luck!

Lauralee Grouchy

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015
I'm having the same problem. And I can't get in into my Netflix settings to deactivate my Netflix and I can not click on the option to uninstall Netflix, from my Samsung apps. Wtf? Someone help me plz...

deenie1219

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015

What worked for me was to unplug the AC power to the TV while the TV was running. Wait 10 seconds, and then plug it back in. That simple fix did the trick. I have had Netflix running for two days so it is a permanent fix. I hope it works too for you.

Diver4

Estimable
Jul 7, 2015
I was having the same problem with my new 4k UHD TV not being able to connect to Netflix. After trying all the suggestions in this thread with no luck I called Samsung support

When I called Samsung support they remotely accessed my TV and had Netflix up and working in under 2 minutes.

Total length of call was under 5 minutes and I am loving my new TV, the picture and sound are amazing.

My suggestion if you are having problems with your new TV is to call the support line and let them take care of the problem.

Lauralee Grouchy

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015
I went ahead and changed my dns to manual, just put in a bunch of 0's then changed it back to automatic, and then went ahead and logged back into Netflix.
It worked. After unplugging, and trying to uninstall Netflix, and having to reset my TV.. All I had go do was update my dns #!!!!!

Skilgan

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015
Unplugging the TV worked for me!! only had the TV 2 days and this is the first time Netflix has worked after getting the network error could not connect to Netflix servers

Status
Not open for further replies.