Samsung TV apps not playing correctly thru Denon receiver

Kelli_

Estimable
Jan 7, 2016
I have a new Samsung Smart TV hooked up to a new Denon receiver thru the HDMI ARC port. Works great. But when I try to use an app (like Netflix) I get Netflix sound from the tv and the channel that had been playing on the tv thru the surround sound. If I switch the receiver from CBL/SAT to TV AUDIO it works but I also then have to switch the sound to surround. Shouldn't I be able to seamlessly watch Netflix and hear it from the surround without having to do that? Did I hook something up incorrectly or maybe forget to hook up something? I would appreciate any help or suggestions! Thanks!

getochkn

Splendid
Well you can plug all your HDMI devices into the TV and then switch inputs there and keep the Denon on TV Audio all the time, otherwise you have to switch multiple things. That's where a Harmony remote/hub comes in handy. I have one and you can make activities, so "Watch TV" Means turn on cable box (if off) and tv (if off) and Denon (if off), set TV and denon to appropriate inputs, set the volume up/down/mute on the remote work for the Denon, but channel numbers and controls for the Cable box. "Watch Media PC" does the same, but then send media commands/keystrokes to control my Kodi PC, etc.

getochkn

Splendid
Well you can plug all your HDMI devices into the TV and then switch inputs there and keep the Denon on TV Audio all the time, otherwise you have to switch multiple things. That's where a Harmony remote/hub comes in handy. I have one and you can make activities, so "Watch TV" Means turn on cable box (if off) and tv (if off) and Denon (if off), set TV and denon to appropriate inputs, set the volume up/down/mute on the remote work for the Denon, but channel numbers and controls for the Cable box. "Watch Media PC" does the same, but then send media commands/keystrokes to control my Kodi PC, etc.

Kelli_

Estimable
Jan 7, 2016
Thanks, getochkn. I do have a Genesis universal remote, I just haven't reprogrammed it yet to read the new components. I just don't understand why the streaming output wouldn't "turn off" the cable channel audio. If I forget the receiver and just use the tv and cable box, the streaming apps override the regular tv channel when viewing and listening. I guess I'm not understanding why the same thing doesn't happen when I'm using the tv and cable box thru the receiver.

Mitchell03

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016
I have the same issue with my samsung tv when I use Vudu or Netflix. Excepts I get no sound at all through the receiver. I user the ARC HDMi from the TV and tried the (STB/DVI) HDMI on the TV. I even tired using an optical audio cable and still no sound. Any suggestions would help.

DapperDean

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

The best solution is to use HDMI from cbl/sat box right to your TV, no need to run this to your receiver. Use Digital optical line to receiver.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 4
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 22
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 3
J Streaming Video & TVs 3