Samsung Wave: Super AMOLED, 720p, 1GHz CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlhenry

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
can it play....?
....videos seamlessly?

the specs are pretty awesome! i'd like seeing this baby run the good ol' nes & snes games. also, the 720p @ 30fps looks enticing. i guess this is the new all in one gadget (specs wise)

G

what a crappy specs. First thing that phone manufacturers should do is design a common OS, that's manufacturer-wide. Like Linux. Then, that OS would need to be open for everyone to develop 3th party programs. Until that happens, I'm not touching Samsung's phones.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
cost and more importantly Battery Life.

Gees...with all this big mouthed features I expect 45 minutes of talk time and 1 hour of battery life in idle mode. Well, let us hope otherwise.

jtsx1

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
Also, will ATT/Verizon carry this or will we have to switch to Tmobile or another lesser network (this is why Nexus One will die)? Actually I don't even really want Verizon, so this might not be for me.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
The industry is getting carried away with trying to pack in as many features and applications as possible. What I would like to know is how is the sound quality for a plain old ordinary telephone call?

awaken688

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]The industry is getting carried away with trying to pack in as many features and applications as possible. What I would like to know is how is the sound quality for a plain old ordinary telephone call?[/citation]

No kidding. It seems like the phone portion of all these new devices are just one of the apps it can run. I love smart phones, but it is still primarily a phone to me so reception, listening experience, and call quality are all extremely important to me.

drksilenc

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
jtsx1 why dont u go with a real carrior... sprint better quality all around better phones all around and cheeper service to boot.

gwwerner

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
If you bought a portable keyboard to go with this it could almost take the place of a netbook. Maybe someday our phones will get plugged into a monitor, mouse, and keyboard to act as the central unit of our home computers.

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
why don't they focus on making phone ohones (the ones that text+call) cheaper, and work properly, with good quality sound and reception?

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
i love amoled, im using samsung jet, the black is sooo nice, great great colors, ive compared it with different phones side by side using the same picture background. wonder how much better is this "super" amoled.
one thing tho that is not so nice, when using it outside with the sun up, you can barely see anything. and i remember seeing a feature of this super amoled being "20%" better outdoor visibility or something.

Samsung's Bada OS
hmn, my samsung uses a proprietary OS(i think its an os) and there's little to no support, why not use a well known OS? and lots of bugs for my jet, hope they get this one right.
or is it true that win mobile has limited support for colors and hence limiting the amoled if used under win mobile?

other than outdoor visibility issue, amoled is top notch, imo.
not sure but i hope they used capacitive touch screen on this one. the 800mhz procie on my jet seem slow

Status
Not open for further replies.