Sanyo 26in. LCD, Loud pop/screech and black screen.

dveisenhower

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
Hello,
I am using my Sanyo LCD as a monitor, but also as my tv and my monitor for my xbox 360 and lately I have been having several problems. The tv is about two years old. The problems started a couple weeks ago when I noticed the screen dimming. I thought nothing of it, but now the tv every 10-30 minutes makes a loud pop noise, like someone smacked a mic, then it goes black for about 5-7 seconds. The tv is on, but that happens. Literally as I am typing this my screen was off for about half of it. Also, this has only happened once, but two days ago I heard the loudest screech coming from my tv, loud enough to make my head start feeling uneasy. I was just wondering if there is any hope for the tv, or if its something little that I could possible fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
For a 26" LCD TV, parts and labor to sort out what's wrong would cost more than a new TV. If you know what you are doing, open up the back and check on the system and power boards, capacitors tend to fail on those. You can either buy new caps and solder them in or get new board.
For a 26" LCD TV, parts and labor to sort out what's wrong would cost more than a new TV. If you know what you are doing, open up the back and check on the system and power boards, capacitors tend to fail on those. You can either buy new caps and solder them in or get new board.

Solution