Satellite L50-B-1p1 screen black

Abdulhasib08

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015
Hi,

I've had my laptop for nearly a year now, and recently whenever I turn it on, it boots but the screen stays black.

I have no idea what can cause this, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Do you see any lights on your laptop like the HDD indicator? If you do try doing a hard reset first, remove the battery(if not built in) and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter in and see if the laptop boots up normally if it does you can put the battery back in as well. Next is to try and connecting an external monitor (if available) and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do there might be an issue with the built in display but try toggling the functions keys for selecting the built in display only and see if that works. Worst case is there might be an issue with the motherboard of your laptop if all these steps didn't help.

Abdulhasib08

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015

I've tried connecting to an external monitor via HDMI cable but no luck
The HDD light turns on when I do turn on the laptop and the hard drive runs but there's no output on the screen. :(

Because theres no output on the external monitor does it mean it is something else other than the laptops screen that's gone faulty?