Satellite P300 PSPCCA - 0C201Y Vista BOOTMGR IS MISSING

juljoh

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
I have tried to use my recovery cds but two of the cds are causing further errors such as 10-FC06-0002 Recovery Error. And I am constantly getting the BOOTMGR IS MISSING use Control Alt Delete to restart the computer. So I gather that I have corrupt files on the Hard Drive so the Recover to Factory Settings is not possible. And as my CDs are not working can anyone suggest what i can do to get the pc working. It has Vista Home Premium on the pc

Solution
Vista is testing my memory a bit - it all seems like a bad dream ten years ago! Still, if you restart it and tap Funtion 8 and select Safe Mode with Command Prompt,, at that prompt, type
sfc /scannow
then hit the Enter key. That process may take some time but it's the System File Checker and it will go through your system and fix any missing or corrupt files itt finds.

See if that helps and in the meantime, I'll bone up on how to reset the booting system before you post back.
Vista is testing my memory a bit - it all seems like a bad dream ten years ago! Still, if you restart it and tap Funtion 8 and select Safe Mode with Command Prompt,, at that prompt, type
sfc /scannow
then hit the Enter key. That process may take some time but it's the System File Checker and it will go through your system and fix any missing or corrupt files itt finds.

See if that helps and in the meantime, I'll bone up on how to reset the booting system before you post back.

Solution