Screen Protector for HP envy M6 x360

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSNTEJ

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
Hey Guys,
I recently bought hp envy m6 x360. I wanted to get a screen protector for it but the vendor advised me not to get a screen protector as it traps heat produced, within the screen and prevents it from escaping.
Should I get a screen protector or go with the advise as given by the vendor?

Solution
In my opinion the vendor is just plain wrong on that point, the screen plays no part in keeping a laptop cool.

Nevertheless, I don't think they are necessary. I've had my laptop for 6 years and there's not a single scratch on the screen.

You'd probably do more damage to it if you try to apply a screen protector anyway, or at least have air bubbles trapped under it which would look a damn sight worse than your screen looks now, plus screen protectors generally affect image sharpness if they aren't applied perfectly flat, and that's hard enough to achieve on a phone screen let alone a large laptop screen.

I wouldn't bother, but not because of the inaccurate reason the vendor warned you about.
In my opinion the vendor is just plain wrong on that point, the screen plays no part in keeping a laptop cool.

Nevertheless, I don't think they are necessary. I've had my laptop for 6 years and there's not a single scratch on the screen.

You'd probably do more damage to it if you try to apply a screen protector anyway, or at least have air bubbles trapped under it which would look a damn sight worse than your screen looks now, plus screen protectors generally affect image sharpness if they aren't applied perfectly flat, and that's hard enough to achieve on a phone screen let alone a large laptop screen.

I wouldn't bother, but not because of the inaccurate reason the vendor warned you about.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.