Screwed up. Need help connecting it manually (2.1 sound system with DINI cable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alanthor

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
Hi,

My old Creative 2.1 system is getting to the end. Its a old Creative 2.1 sound system, wired, with non-controllable subwoofer (No wheel).

All I know, is that the chip inside is a A200, modelno is MF0355. Anyways, the DINI cable is like "unstable", its loose, u can only get sound on a diffferent position on the cable u know. But now, it was almost impossible, so I decided to explore, haha.

Be awared, that I am NOT talking about the regular 3.5mm jack cable. This cable is going from the Subwoofer's Mini-DIN jack 9 pin. (port port space port) is the top, and 2 ports at the bottom. (Just sayin, so u know exactly what type of connector I got)

Anyways, I screwed up. So now i am here with all the cables cut off from the Mini-DIN jack. I've been searching for several hours on labels, mappings etc, but never something that matches me. .

So I really really need the color labels u know, so I know which cable goes into what port in the subwoofer... Ok, below is my sub-cables without any jack.
White
Brown
Orange
Yellow
BUT THEN, I have never seen this before.. But then I got what it seems to be like a big copperwire, but actually, its just blue and red that is like coated or surrounded by this copperwire... :s

Alanthor

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
This cable, is basicially going from my speaker (in other words, that cable is internal on the right speaker)- TO my subwoofer Mini-DIN 9 port jack, that has a white text beneath "Right". And that cable also provides the power to my speakers aswell, and I THINK its the yellow cable. Cuz when I cut that off, the green LED on the right speaker gone off. Thats all I know and think.

Regarding ur question, yes of course its the same colors. Its one single cable, that is coming from the chip inside my right speaker to the subwoofer. Maybe u are missunderstanding me, but this wire, its 4 regular "sub-cables", and 2 "sub-cables" with a weird copperwiring surrounding it. I think thats like the ground or something. I do not have the jack on that cable, so I wanna either connect the cables manually in these small holes in the Mini-DIN connector on the subwoofer, or make a temporary homemade connector.

Gosh... Maybe everything sounds so complicated cuz I explain in every little detail....
I just need the color codes for my <mod edit... watch the language> cable...

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
"I just need the color codes for my fking cable..."
It's not that simple... It actually sounds like your speakers use proprietary connectivity...
What make and model are your speakers?
Obviously Creative is the maker.. Can you find a model number?
(That information could help everyone trying to help you.)

@op

please watch your language. consider this a friendly reminder.

i think this is the port you are referring to
5783699500_1347726412.jpg

if you would have googled "creative a200 pinout" you may have found the information you are looking for. it appears that the below are what you need.

3633460500_1316718193.png

New%20Digitizers%20DIN%20connector.JPG

to replace the end you would need a 9pin din cable connector.

however, i'm not sure if the cable end was the issue. it could very well be that the subwoofer side of the connection had an issue as well. you describe it as if the plug just isnt fitting tight anymore and jiggles around.

Alanthor

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
To ^
I am sorry, im in a bad mood, nothing towards you guys. Thanks for the "Wake-up".

But the thing is, I dont have any black cable. The colors I listed on the first post is what I got, so I dont know what to do :(
And on the picture, there is no yellow cable. But i have a yellow cable.. :p

what about this. cant vouch for the source as i cannot read the language but it does say a200
t3100wtykminidin9.jpg

perhaps the a200 came in 2.1 and 5.1 models?

if you want a surefire way to know without guessing or relying on sketchy internet diagrams....

you could cut apart the plug and manually look to see which wires connect up to which pins. then you could cut apart the other end of the cable and see which wires go where. you would have to remake the cable but at least you would know you have it right.

this would be my preferred method if you cannot find a good internet resource. however, before you go that far i would see if creative sells replacement cables and how much they cost. that might be cheaper.

we would be using the same resources you can find... unless you manage to find a wiring diagram of your speakers or an officially released diagram (companies do not do this) then all we have are 3rd party resources to go by

Alanthor

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
The cable is already cutted open..

I've opened the subwoofer to figure out what cables etc in that way. But the Mini-DIN jack on the subwoofer is a intergrated big square on a chip (Inside)... So, that didnt make me wiser.

And regarding ur pic. I dont have any purple wire, nor green nor black... This sucks :( :p

as far as i can tell... this speaker set is only like $30usd right? it wouldnt cost much to just replace them. certainly less hassle. they likely can be fixed though if you work through to figure out the wire colors. you might want to check the sub internal connection as well. perhaps there is a loose solder joint or the like on that side.

i was talking about cutting the plug end (not the subwoofer internal) apart to see what cables it was connected to. if you have zero tools this is probably the only way to tell if you cannot find a diagram online which seems to match what wire colors you have.

alternatively, and this really is the easier way..... if you left a bit of wire on the end of the plug you could look at the wires there for color and match the colors to the pins by using a multimeter set to circuit test. one probe goes on a bare wire ends and then you touch the pins with the other probe until you find the one that beeps. not everyone has a multimeter though so i did not list this before

Status
Not open for further replies.