Solved! SD card as Internal storage

Nov 17, 2018
I followed the instructions to use my SD Card for additional internal storage, now I can not see anything again in my gallery, tried to check its contents on desk computer, also found nothing, please how do I get back my data

Solution
I see. That is totally different. It is going to depend on where your apps (the gallery and the others) are set to save and look for files. This is not set up in the phone's settings but in the settings within the individual apps.

Try restarting (turning off and back on) the phone first. Then go into each app to look for the settings and what location they are looking for things through.
Nov 17, 2018

I understand that, what I was referring to are what I had on my form previously especially in my gallery which I can no longer see

form? OK you lost me there. There is no form. Please clarify.

The only locations for files would be on the phone itself or on the SD card. If the files were on the phone, then make the card "Internal" would not change what was on the phone. The files would still be there. Only if the files were on the card before the change would they be lost, permanently.

Nov 17, 2018

Sorry, I meant phone, I had stuff in my gallery on the phone before I tried to make my SD card an additional internal storage but right now, when I try to open my gallery, it says there is “No Storage” and beneath that, it says “No external storage available “. Also I can no longer download anything

Nov 17, 2018

Nothing on the card but I had stuff in the gallery on the phone but now, when I click on the gallery, it says there is no storage instead of opening to display it's contents

OK. The gallery is just an app, so the files are/were where ever you had them being saved to. If you had files saved to the SD card, then they are, as stated before, gone. If they were saved to the phone, then you just need to locate them.

It sounds, to be honest, like you had downloads as well as photos saved to be stored to the card, so when you go to open the gallery app and view them, it can't because they are gone from the SD card. Again, if that is the case, there is no retrieving them.

Nov 17, 2018

No, never saved anything on the SD drive yet, it’s new, my phone kept complaining of low memory space with an empty SD card, I checked to see if I could move some files and apps to the SD but my phone does not have that functionality which was why I checked online what I could do, I found the Tomguide site and read how to format my SD card as an additional internal storage which I immediately did yesterday but after carrying out the instructions, I found out that I could not download pictures or anything from my WhatsApp chats, I decided to check my gallery and found out that it was giving the message of “No Storage”. That’s why I came back to ask what I could do.

I see. That is totally different. It is going to depend on where your apps (the gallery and the others) are set to save and look for files. This is not set up in the phone's settings but in the settings within the individual apps.

Try restarting (turning off and back on) the phone first. Then go into each app to look for the settings and what location they are looking for things through.

Solution