SD card drive is detected, but files not being displayed

tariqahmd

Prominent
May 14, 2017
when I insert my SD card in laptop, a new drive is displayed under my computer.
however when i try to open this drive, a message is displayed, Please insert a Disk into removable disk.

cant see the pictures

Solution
Hi,

Since the SD Card is getting detected, I suggest you to open Computer Management. Select the Disk Management and all the partitions will be listed. Right click on the SD card partition and select New Simple Volume. The New simple wizard window will open and click next. Just change the value label and format. The data will be lost as we have to format. After formatting you can copy some files to the SD card and open it. If there are important files in your SD card, you can recover them after format using a trust worthy recovery software.

Andrea Mathew

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Hi,

Since the SD Card is getting detected, I suggest you to open Computer Management. Select the Disk Management and all the partitions will be listed. Right click on the SD card partition and select New Simple Volume. The New simple wizard window will open and click next. Just change the value label and format. The data will be lost as we have to format. After formatting you can copy some files to the SD card and open it. If there are important files in your SD card, you can recover them after format using a trust worthy recovery software.

Solution