Second Copy 7.1.0.3 and vista folder NTFS junction points

DarkUltra

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Hi!
I use Second Copy and are pleased with it except I have to exclude every single Vista NTFS folder Junciton point or else I get an endless path like

"\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data” etc

I've been in contact with centered.com/support and I've deleted the settings and re-created backup jobs but it still doesn't handle the junction points very well.

There are no forums at centerd.com so I ask here, anyone else with this problem?

EuroMartin

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Hi!

I just ran into the same problem on Windows 7 RC1.
I had checked the "Append source path to destination and archive folders" on the "How?"-tab.
After unchecking it, it seems to work!

Maybe it helps for you too?

Cheers
Martin, Sweden

leeteq

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
The "macros" / variables $LocalAppData$ and $AppData$ can be used on win2000, xp and vista, though they only point to the corresponding folders for the current user. Not sure if that is relevant to your need. One annoying side-effect ("bug") of specifying such variables in SecondCopy, though, is that once in place, the browse function does not work anymore to select folders, so first have to manually select a folder inside such directories, and then when you get the path, replace everything to the left of those localapp directories including themselves with the corresponding variable. They will hopefully fix that in a future release.

TRENDING THREADS