Seeking advice on camera purchase

hammer326

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Hello everyone,
I'll keep it short. I am in the market for a digital camera. I paint tabletop miniatures (like models but astronomically more detailed) and make pertinent videos and take photos thereof. What I currently have isn't cutting it.

I would like to examine options possessing:
-$150 price range
-Great video(and therefore photo?) quality of highly detailed small objects up

close. Human sized figures are at times no more than an inch tall.

-basic SD or even micro-SD card storage.

-SECONDARY: If possible, the ability to have some fun with it at night would be great too, either via a cheap night vision mode as I've seen on various models or something that will take good video/photos of a dim night sky/stars, assuming anything sub $1000 is even manufactured that is capable.

All that said, I stumbled upon a canon Powershot here
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006UMM1UO/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

that seems like it'll work judging by test footage on youtube and reviews, one of which even stating favourable performance in low light.

Any help appreciated, thanks for your time.

Solution

Canon was running a $90 rebate (Maybe currently too?) on this camera. My mom picked one up for about $70 and it actually is a great point and shoot for the price.

hammer326

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

Definitely not useless info but that's still not a start. I've outlined my budget, needs, and an example that I think might satisfy. Can you give me a yay or nay on that at least? And I don't consider $150 aiming low, I've heard of $60 cameras that do the job, I need to know things like what I should be looking for in a camera to do what I need to. Thanks thus far.

amuffin

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011

Canon was running a $90 rebate (Maybe currently too?) on this camera. My mom picked one up for about $70 and it actually is a great point and shoot for the price.

Solution