Seeking Tablet/Notebook (netbook?) from Black Friday Sale

deepinsideme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
I surf the web constantly and do not want wait times for loading pages and do not want restrictions on what pages I view due to lack of compatibility with a mobile device.
I am on youtube quite often.
I download loads and tons of music and movies. I will store them on an external device.
I type a lot of word documents.
I use Fruity Loops and various other audio software.
I use Rosetta Stone.
I listen to music constantly.
I will require a microphone port, headphone port, at least two USBs and a SD card (not mini) slot.
I will require the battery last a minimum of 6 hours. I would really desire it to last longer.
I will be using this machine every day for extended periods of time. It must have a long life.

What is suggested?

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
If you want a tablet format then a MS Surface Pro is the only way to go. It will let you run windows compatible programs, has a keyboard available and your other requirements. If you do not want a tablet then a laptop is the way to go for what you do. A netbook will not meet your needs. With hundreds of notebooks available the choice will have to be yours and your budget.

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Yeah I agree. Stay away from the RT (less expensive) version of the Surface. It won't run x86 applications.

deepinsideme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011

Would it work if I were to purchase an android tablet and install linux on it?

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Can't be done. With tablets, and yes that includes the Surface Pro, the OS is tied into the BIOS of your device. If your device runs Android, it can only run Android, if your device runs WP8, it can only run WP8, and so on and so forth.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
Truth of it is, there is no Android product suited to your expressed needs. I am a great Android fan but with what you asked for, you need an X86 compatible system (read windows there Bubba).

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Yeah if you can't afford the Surface Pro, Dell, Lenovo, Samsung, and Asus all make affordable Windows 8 tablets that run full Windows 8, not RT.