Status
Not open for further replies.

nitramg2

Honorable
May 15, 2012
I need to be able to send somebody an email with no possibility of them OR THEIR COMPUTER OR SERVER knowing who or which PC it's from until they have read as far as my signature at the bottom! The intended recipient account is automatically bouncing all emails sent from my computer even when it's sent from somebody else's email account (a few other friends also use my computer).
My computer is a PC-type laptop running Windows XP Pro and Outlook Express and Google Chrome, if any of that is relevant.
I usually use Outlook Express to manage my emails, but I suppose if necessary I could go to the gmail website if that would help in any way.
Also, if I use the gmail website instead of Outlook Express, would I necessarily find out if the recipient account has somehow refused to allow my email? Would I still get a message from "Mail Delivery System" re "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender?" so I know it's happened?
If you can help please do not use any technical terms as I am not computer-literate!
Many thanks in anticipation.

nitramg2

Honorable
May 15, 2012

I understand where you're coming from.

If the recipient sees my email account name in the headers it maybe can't be helped, and I shall just have to give up for myself.

But now my flatmates cannot contact that recipient either, or so it seems, purely because they share my computer. Even using their own independent private email accounts, their emails sent from the same computer are bouncing.

While it is likely that the recipient has somehow blocked emails from my email address (yes we had a row!), it is a bit unlikely that all my flatmates' email addresses were also each blocked - possible but unlikely. So I am guessing that the block is applying to the computer itself and hence EVERYONE who uses it.

Is this possible? And if so how can we (ie my flatmates who share my computer) get round it?

Any comments and/or advice, please? Thanks.

Ijack

Distinguished
Well, I would say that if the other person doesn't want to receive emails from you then you should respect that wish.

The problem with this sort of question is that, although I am sure that you are completely above-board, the information that you are requesting could be used for nefarious purposes. That being the case I'm going to leave this thread now.

nitramg2

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Yet again I see where you are coming from, and I sadly agree with you.

I shall suggest to my flatmates that they try emailing that recipient from a different machine, in an internet cafe for example, and see what happens. If those emails also bounce then fair enough, it's the recipient's own choice (which we will all have to accept). But if they get through without mishap we are still left with the problem of ALL users of my machine being blocked (accidentally) instead of only me (deliberately)...

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
Your room mates email addresses may not be getting blocked. Mail servers can also block by IP address. If your recipient is not an admin of that email server, then yes, they are probably blocking by email address.

Also, as stated, it's impossible (or highly improbable) to send an email without knowing it's origin.

nitramg2

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Thanks for your reply, Hawkeye22. My flatmates haven't yet tried to email the "bouncer" from another machine so we don't yet know what will happen, but when they do I shall post here what transpires in case it provokes inspiration!
In fact the "bouncer" and I had a big row before she left the apartment, but the other roomies got on really well with her and weren't part of the argument; I know they actually sympathise with her viewpoint against me (yeah, maybe I WAS wrong). So they are pretty upset with me that now they can't contact her anymore because of me, as they see it.
We'll see what happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.