• Astro A40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Astro A50

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PandaBOT-

Estimable
Mar 23, 2014
hi im thinking of getting a pare of gaming headsets, however im really curious which to buy. i own a regular senheiser headphones which have the most amazing sound quality and i have briefly used astro a40 before. I learned that with 7.1 surround sound on laptops i heard you really dont get the 7.1 but im thinking about getting a external sound card or digital to analog converters if that helps. I was wondering which headsets i should get? And what must i buy to get 7.1 surround sound on my laptop? my laptop is equipped with dolby digital home theater as it says.

Senheiser Game Zero Headsets , Senheiser PC 363D Headsets or Astro A40 or A50. Pleases give me your feedbacks and suggestion for 7.1 Surround sound.

ttimberlak443

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
When comparing the two brands, I wouldn't even think about Astro. Sennheiser has been making professional-grade audio equipment for years and years. Astro has not.

Now comparing the two Sennheiser headsets, really the only differences are the aesthetics and the PC363D comes with a good enough USB sound card that can simulate 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound. I personally have never found a need to use virtual surround on my PC360 (same thing as the G4ME Zero) because the sound stage and directional sound is superb on them as it is, but other people may feel differently.