Sennheiser pc360 sound better with EQ and 7.1

Dynamic91

Estimable
Jun 8, 2014
Ok so i know they are stereo but when i put 7.1 on in Realtek HD they sound so much better, and with Party preset EQ even better

even with just the Party preset they sound better, im guessing this is due to me using it with the soundcard on my motherboard

without the Party preset they sound pretty weak but with it they sound really good, and with 7.1 even better :/

Solution
I had this issue with other headphones before, with EQ and 7.1 surround I thought they sounded better, so I know exactly what you are feeling.

The answer to this is your ears dont like change. Turning off the surround and EQ isnt what your ears are used to, so naturally it doesnt sound as good. I upgraded to a higher end DAC, and moved away from a sound card and I can tell you that I do not miss the fake 7.1 surround any bit, in fact you get more surround by not having 7.1 enabled, but this depends on how your audio processor handles things.

In the end sound is all subjective, so if it sounds good to you, then there isnt a problem.

hysteria357

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
I had this issue with other headphones before, with EQ and 7.1 surround I thought they sounded better, so I know exactly what you are feeling.

The answer to this is your ears dont like change. Turning off the surround and EQ isnt what your ears are used to, so naturally it doesnt sound as good. I upgraded to a higher end DAC, and moved away from a sound card and I can tell you that I do not miss the fake 7.1 surround any bit, in fact you get more surround by not having 7.1 enabled, but this depends on how your audio processor handles things.

In the end sound is all subjective, so if it sounds good to you, then there isnt a problem.

Solution

Dynamic91

Estimable
Jun 8, 2014

Yes you are probebly right, 7.1 just makes the sound abit higher it seems, if i put stereo and up the volume abit it does sound better to be honest. But the EQ preset really makes them sound better tho