Sennheisers HD201 really quiet?

spin3x

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Aight so I just bought the HD201s and the volume seems to be really quiet? My previous headset that I had was like 2-4 times the volume of these, however they were USB. Can that be the case as to why it's so different?

Thanks

Solution

Did you change port configuration on the sound card outputs? You want to use headphone out for the headphones not Line In. Line is is used for external sounds to the computer not sending computer sounds to a headphone. Check the rear and front ports, see what works better. You may have something wired wrong to the motherboard if ports don't work.

spin3x

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Yh volume settings are fine, and I'm using linen in port. Maybe my old headset was just way too loud and these sennheisers are normal sound.

Guess I'll just have to deal with it :/

Did you change port configuration on the sound card outputs? You want to use headphone out for the headphones not Line In. Line is is used for external sounds to the computer not sending computer sounds to a headphone. Check the rear and front ports, see what works better. You may have something wired wrong to the motherboard if ports don't work.

Solution