Setting SD card as default for apps Galaxy s5

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jahnderd

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
Yeah, this is an annoying feature of Android, with only partial solutions, since updated apps go back to Device Memory.

Here's the path to the option you need:
Settings => Internet => Advanced => Content settings => Default storage => SD card

I'm about to install the new OS update, so who knows where it'll be after that (currently running 5.0).

dbvandyke

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
Not exactly what we want, but will handle downloaded files.

My phone:
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V
Android 6.0.1

From Home screen, swipe down. Gear (Settings), "More networks", scroll down to section "Media share",

Tap on "Nearby devices", scroll down to "Download to" and tap on it.

Change to "SD card"

May Jesus bless you.

parita

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015
I used a way to store the apps into SD card. It doesn't directly store apps in SD card when downloaded from playstore. But you can transfer it later, after downloading, using this method.

1. Open Settings
2. Open Application Manager
3. From the downloaded apps, click on the app that you want to transfer to SD card.
4. You can see an button which says, Move to SD card there. Click on that and wait for the process to get finished.
5. Done!

I am still looking for a way to change my settings to store downloaded apps into SD card directly. Till then, this way helps!
Hope this helped!

-Parita

TRENDING THREADS