Setting up a sub with a 2.0 soundbar?

AirSensei

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Hi. I've got a 2.0 soundbar running on my TV right now and I was wondering if there is a way to get a subwoofer to run with it. I was thinking going stereo RCA out of the TV and somehow splitting those into another stereo RCA to go into the soundbar, and a mono RCA to go into the woofer. Is that possible? If not, does anyone have any idea? Cheers :)

AirSensei

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

Unfortunately the sub only has RCA inputs and no RCA outputs for speakers. So I could split a stereo RCA cable into 2 stereo RCA cables and run each to the Soundbar and the subwoofer?

You can connect the sub and soundbar that way but unless you have a headphone or variable audio output on the TV to split you won't have a way to adjust the volume of both the soundbar and subwoofer at the same time.
You could set the subwoofer level to match at the soundbar volume you usually use and accept that the sub level won't match when you change the soundbar volume.

AirSensei

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

Ah OK. So that's an option, but I would like to be able to change the volume of both. I think I may have found a way to do that while using ARC with Hdmi cables. With this:

https://www.jaycar.com.au/hdmi-audio-extractor/p/AC1741

If I connected from the ARC HDMI port of my TV to the HDMI in of the adapter, and then connected the ARC hdmi input of my Soundbar to the HDMI out of the adapter, and the subwoofer to the RCA out, would that work?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
winston89 Streaming Video & TVs 0
Bradagan1 Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
Y Streaming Video & TVs 1
curoius Streaming Video & TVs 6
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2