should I keep the asus q324 or switch it with the macbook air

lamiya97

Estimable
Dec 1, 2015
I'm torn between the Asus notebook pc Q324 and MacBook air 256gb. I'm a university student and mainly want the laptop for studying purposes. I've bought the asus home but have a mixed feeling about it. HELP

GM619

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
The Asus - Q324UA 2-in-1 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 (7th Gen) - 16GB Memory - 512GB Solid State Drive has better specs and faster than a MacBook Pro 2016, I have one and very satisfied. The MacBook Air is older and far slower, but it may still suite your needs depending on your major at school and what you do at home.

Earl_J

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016

Hey GM619, how do you like your Asus overall? Did you take a close at any other laptops before deciding on this one? I'm really close to buying an HP Spectre x360, and just happen to come across the Asus Q324 on Best Buy's website. Strange that Asus would make this model a BB-exclusive, seeing how the specs put this directly in line with the HP, as well as other ultraportables.

My 2 questions for you, GM: (1) What do you think of the screen quality, i.e., color accuracy, brightness, contrast; and (2) What do you think of the keyboard and trackpad? I really wish someone would do a video review of this on youtube, but if not, I'll just take a trip to Best Buy and see if there are any on display.

David_535

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
I am actually having that same debate now. The biggest problem I have with the asus is that when you completely flip the keyboard over it switches it back to laptop mode enabling the keyboard and mouse and I have yet to find a way to prevent that. Does this happen with yours? Other than that I think it looks nicer, it has more RAM and an i7 while the air has an i5. My Biggest problem with the air is that I believe they will release a new one very soon since its been a while and they recently released a new pro. Do you have the same problem with yours when you flip it over? Also let me know what you end up doing

Earl_J

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016

I went ahead and purchased the HP Spectre x360 over the Asus Q324UA. I got to play with the Asus a little at Best Buy, and was pretty unimpressed. The hinge was not very secure (a lot of wobble from only a little movement in the laptop), and the keyboard felt slightly mushy. Also, when I went into the settings the SSD looked to be a slower type, not the usual speedy Samsung one used in some of their other high-end laptops.

I am thoroughly satisfied with the HP: great speakers, really great keyboard (the best I've been able to use in an ultraportable), and great design and form factor. It was a pretty good value too, with 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD (Samsung P951), and I believe it's on sale again this week at BB.

TRENDING THREADS